Do you like the fast pace of the start up world? If so, look no further for the ultimate opportunity to build out a state of the art lab.
Lighthouse Lab Services has teamed up with a top-tier clinical lab who is dedicated to providing partner practices/providers with the highest level of care with laboratory testing across the offered testing portfolio. Our client is opening up an additional lab near Ft. Lauderdale, FL to keep up with its fast growing sample volume.
We are currently seeking a Molecular Laboratory General Supervisor to become a part of this rapidly growing organization to oversee the build out and validation of this state of the art lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all aspects of pre-analytic workflow appropriate for the laboratory to ensure orders are entered correctly, specimens collected are appropriate for the test ordered and are correctly process/transported
- Verifies orders and non-patient information (e.g., collection time) according to established protocol
- Handles unresolved orders, troubleshoots where needed
- Verifies with physician and/or nurses prior to LIS order entry to resolve unclear, duplicate or otherwise ambiguous orders
- Verifies specimens for add-on tests are available and acceptable and generates add-on test orders
- Performs all aspects of analytical testing appropriate for the specific laboratory section
- Performs and records all necessary quality control (QC) required for test system performance
- Evaluates QC results and takes necessary corrective actions according to established protocol
- Performs specimen preparation: Performs any necessary pretest specimen preparation according to protocols (e.g., Polymerase Chain Reaction, DNA and RNA extraction, etc.)
- Day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting results
- Accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone, or electronic support
- Must be on-site to provide direct supervision when high complexity testing is performed by certain individuals
- Monitor test analysis and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Resolving technical problems and ensuring remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Ensures that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care
- Verifying procedures used are adequate to determine the accuracy, precision, and other pertinent performance characteristics of the method
- Provides training and performance evaluation of all testing personnel under their direct supervision
- 5 years of direct supervision experience in a healthcare and/or lab setting
- Demonstrated experience in developing and reviewing next generation sequencing tests is required
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution or Associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent education and training
- Be licensed as or meet the requirements for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of Florida
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID # 12837