Molecular Scientist, Validation and SOP
Dallas, TX · Job ID: 10036 · · Industry: Molecular
Are you looking for a new opportunity with room for advancement and growth? Lighthouse is representing a well-established reference laboratory in Dallas, TX looking for a Molecular technologist that is well versed in RT-PCR, qPCR NGS, and PGX. In addition to performing testing, this position is required to deliver on all aspects of new test development, with commensurate compensation.
This will be a Monday through Friday, day shift, opportunity for an experienced molecular technologist / lab scientist looking to flex their molecular muscles in a fast-paced and high complexity environment. This lab is looking to hire someone who is also comfortable with researching, development, and validating new molecular assays as the lab grows as this is a key component of this position. If you fit the preferred profile below we would love to speak with you.
– Run daily testing as required.
– Write SOPs for procedure manual and assist in the transition and training of developed assays to operations
– Develop project plans for development and validation of new molecular assays, including resource needs, budgets, time schedules and regulatory requirements.
– Ensures consistent compliance with all regulatory agency mandates
– Incentivize and motivate colleagues and engineers
– Provides training and constructive criticism when necessary
– Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting
– Ensures quick turn-around times
– Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Genetics, cell biology, life science
– Masters degree preferred but not required
– 2+ years of previous NGS and PCR experience, with experience developing new test assays and writing SOPs.
– MB(ASCP) preferred, but MLS/MT(ASCP) accepted
– $85,000-90,000, depending on experience
– Full benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID#10036