Sweet home Chicago! Just west of Chi-town lies the little suburb Elmhurst, Illinois. Known for its historic Native American roots, Elmhurst is steeped in parks, theatre, and culture –could this be where you find employment bliss? We think so!
Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Molecular Technical Supervisor for an established and growing lab in Elmhurst. Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, the selected candidate will manage and oversee all technical and staffing responsibilities to live up to the philosophy of providing the highest quality lab service and ensuring the best possible patient care and client results.
If this sounds like it’s up your alley, READ ON!
The Role You'll Play:
- Oversee day-to-day operations, under the supervision of the Laboratory Director
- Provide general oversight of all testing operations and instrumentation
- Optimize lab procedures and workflow to produce reliable and timely results
- Ensure that all lab equipment is in good working order and calibrated before use
- Operate, calibrate, clean/maintain, troubleshoot equipment to exacting standards and ensures proper documentation
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify the appropriate supervisor
- Offer insight and expertise during the vendor selection process for instrumentation, lab supplies, etc.
- Establish and monitoring quality assurance programs or activities to ensure the accuracy of laboratory results
- Train other laboratory personnel in all aspects of proper laboratory techniques, processes, procedures, and quality assurance
- Ensure that all duties are properly performed and applicable CLIA regulations are met
- ASCP preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience in the specialty (Molecular) OR a Masters and 2 years of experience, OR a PhD and 1 year of experience of molecular experience
- Covid-19, Immunochemistry, blood testing, PCR experience preferred
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Health, vision, dental
- PTO & paid holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job: 12777