Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Molecular Technical Supervisor for a clinical laboratory near Ft. Lauderdale, FL!
The Molecular Technical Supervisor is responsible for the operational supervision and direction of the Molecular lab to ensure prompt and accurate testing and reporting of clinical results.
You will be responsible for oversight and performance of both automated and manual testing with the overall goal of providing results that will be used for diagnosis and management of health conditions.
This is a Monday through Friday schedule, however this position requires flexibility to work needed hours to assure that business needs are being met.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Supervise the lab operations of the Molecular Department, including accurate delivery of patient results, and competency assessments.
- Attend staff and management meetings and oversee daily lab operations
- Responsible for laboratory performance criteria including:
- Delivering patient laboratory results within specified TAT
- Monitoring and ensuring acceptable repeat and failure rates.
- Achieving pre-determined assay reagent and supply costs.
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, planning and scheduling for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshooting. Escalates problems as necessary.
- Supervise, train and mentor laboratory staff. Assist with the hiring of qualified employees
- Work closely and cooperatively with the Microbiology Lab Manager and other department supervisor(s) and managers.
- Perform PCR runs, analyze data and prepare technical reports.
- Recommend measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment.
- Analyze and resolve or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Assure that instruments are maintained and records are kept.
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that they meet the standards of DDI, CLIA and other licensing authorities
- Evaluate results to determine interference, inhibition, or other problems that arise during extraction, amplification, or detection of DNA/RNA
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Report accurate and timely test results to deliver quality patient care
Minimum Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor's in the Biological sciences with at least 4 years of clinical laboratory related experience
- 2 years in a leadership role strongly preferred
- 3rd shift
Salary and Benefits:
- $80,000-$100,000 (contingent on experience)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW JOB ID: 15378