Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a reference laboratory near Harrisburg, PA in search of a Molecular Technician to join it's testing personnel team. This position will report directly to the lab supervisor and be responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and reporting test results.
–Performs only tests authorized by the laboratory director
– Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing,test analyses
– Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
– Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, or Laboratory Director.
– General lab maintenance responsibilities
–Isolation and purification of DNA and RNA.
-Conventional PCR and quantitative real time PCR
-Preferred experience with clinical sample processing
-Regulated environment experience (CLIA, CAP, GLP, and NY-DOH).
-Preferred experience with aseptic technique, manual/kit RNA extraction, automated instruments, LIMS, Quality Control, and technical writing.
– Experience in clinical Molecular Laboratory
-Bachelor's degree in Molecular Biology or related science.
– MB(ASCP) preferred but not required
– 1+ years of molecular experience
– Salary 40-50k
– Health, Vision, Dental About Us:
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.