Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a large Urology practice in Idaho near Hayden looking for a strong Molecular Technologist to help lead and grow the molecular lab.
• Demonstrate proficiency in molecular diagnostic testing including infectious disease
• Handle and process patient samples, analyze test results, prepare reports, and maintain records of test results
• Performs testing in those technical areas for which they are appropriately
licensed and trained. Troubleshoots instrument and method problems.
Determines need for repeat testing. Verifies computer entries before release.
• May be required to accession samples into the laboratory information
management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
• Comply with quality control policies and document QC activities including
instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
• Maintain confidentiality of personal health information (PHI).
• Identify problems that may affect test performance or results and, following established protocols, correct problems or escalate to Clinical Laboratory Manager, technical supervisor, clinical consultant, or lab director.
• Identify test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specifications and follow established policies and procedures to correct operation.
• Document corrective actions are taken when test systems deviate from
established performance specifications.
• Participate in development and validation of new, complex assays and
technology transfer and interactions with other groups.
• Participate in drafting and developing standard operating procedures for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
• Represent the Reference lab testing, quality control and quality assurance program in interactions with other groups.
• Under direction of the laboratory director, investigate and follow-up on
proficiency testing, quality control results and patient testing that does not
• Perform additional duties and projects assigned by the laboratory Manager.
• ASCP certification is required
• BS/BA in a biology-related science
• Experience performing high-complexity testing in a laboratory
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs (Outlook, Word, Excel,
• Demonstrated analytical skills, including working with databases and Excel
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, real-time)
• Demonstrated understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms highly desired
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job-ID 12156