Lighthouse Lab Services is the premier provider of Medical Lab Scientists in the country. Currently, we are seeking full-time Molecular Technologists for a start-up clinical laboratory to assist with COVID testing. The laboratory is located near Madison, Wisconsin.
– Weekends currently
The Laboratory Technologist will be responsible for executing activities related to collecting, receiving, and processing of specimens for testing in strict adherence to procedures and best practices to achieve safe operations that meet the quality and volume operational requirements of the laboratory. This critical position will also assist the Laboratory Supervisor in the safe and rapid start-up of the labs, validation testing, processing patient samples, staffing, and training of new associates, and implementation of a robust quality management system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures safety of operations and assists the laboratory senior staff in establishing a culture of safety in Laboratory operations
- Establish a respectful and inclusive work environment
- S/he will ensure compliance with BSL-2 working procedures and standards
- Performs all aspects of pre-analytic workflow appropriate for the Diagnostic Molecular Biology laboratory to ensure orders are entered correctly, specimens collected are appropriate for the test ordered and are correctly process/transported.
- Assist in developing test workflows that are repeatable, relatively easy to use, and rigorous
- Aliquots specimens and reagents according to established protocols
- Operates instruments/equipment according to protocols
- Maintains test system integrity:
- Performs preventative maintenance on instruments/equipment in a timely fashion according to a defined schedule.
- Verifies reagents and supplies meet defined acceptability criteria upon receipt and before use; takes action to ensure unacceptable items are removed from use.
- Ensures that sufficient reagents and supplies necessary for test performance are available. Notifies senior staff when minimum inventory level is encountered.
- Performs and records all necessary quality control (QC) required for test system performance.
- Evaluates QC results and takes necessary corrective actions according to established protocol.
- Participates in the training of new employees
- Participates in new test development activities and the review and continuous improvement of existing tests processes and documentation
- Performs other duties as assigned, or as needed, to ensure the continued quality of operations.
- May be required to properly handle and dispose of hazardous materials.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated wet lab Experience in molecular techniques including DNA/RNA, RTqPCR, qPCR processes.
- Enjoy wet lab bench work performing patient testing.
- Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to the storage, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Experience with pipettes (single and multi), basic chemical calculations and solution preparations, thermal cyclers, Thermo Fisher’s QuantStudios, centrifuges, automated liquid handlers, and other equipment for PCR testing and analysis, and QC of incoming materials.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- CLS or MLT certified through the National Certification Agency or MB(ASCP) certified in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical, or biological science and 1-year training and experience in high-complexity testing; OR Bachelor's degree with MB (ASCP) in clinical laboratory science, medical technology or chemical, physical or biological science and 1-year training and experience in high-complexity testing.
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control/quality improvement programs.
- Detail-oriented. Demonstrate strong attention to detail to eliminate the error.
- Working knowledge and understanding of computers. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to be flexible and prioritize effectively.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science or chemical, physical, or biological science to qualify the individual as Testing Personnel under the CLIA 88 regulations
- Associate degree in medical laboratory technology and 2 years clinical laboratory experience in molecular genetic techniques.
Salary and Benefits:
- 65k-75k salary + relocation bonus
- Health Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including people with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com