Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a great start-up independent reference laboratory in the Northern VA area that is looking for a Molecular Technologist to join their growing team. This candidate will be one of the first employees to staff the lab and will be largely responsible for performing molecular testing to include COVID-19, UTI, and respiratory. This lab is looking to grow and expand into next gen sequencing and cancer testing next year.
-Primarily days, however, candidates who are open to a flexible schedule are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
– Perform production workflow as described in standard operating procedures.
– Receive and process specimen samples as described in standard operating procedures.
– Perform daily AufDX and analyzer instrumentation operations.
– Assist with validation testing and reporting of instrumentation, as directed by the Technical Supervisor.
– Maintain laboratory documentation.
– Complete projects, other tasks, and assignments as directed by management.
– Perform routine Quality Assurance/Quality Control tasks.
– Manage laboratory inventory and order additional supplies as needed and in compliance with process instructions from managers.
– Maintain the integrity of the process, following and reporting QA/QC occurrences.
– Completes all administrative and accessioner duties.
– Associate’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Molecular Biology or related discipline.
– 1+ years experience in a clinical laboratory environment
– Molecular or infectious disease testing experience preferred
– ASCP or other national certification preferred
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
– Full Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k
- PTO (2 weeks) and paid holidays
- Incentives for achievements (i.e. routine bonuses)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KH Job ID #12517