Lighthouse Lab services is partnered with a growing, Texas-based molecular genetic testing laboratory that is looking for a Full-time Molecular Laboratory Technologist.
Molecular Laboratory Technologist Position
Reports to: Laboratory Technical Supervisor
- The Molecular Lab Technologist will leverage its solid foundation in molecular biology and laboratory techniques to perform genetic and infectious disease testing using next-generation sequencing and PCR methodologies. Daily tasks will necessitate constant attention to detail throughout the processing of incoming samples, extracting genetic material, and running of molecular assays. The Lab Technologist may be assigned independent projects as well as participate in the creation of special projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Catalog samples, compile sample information, and assign tracking codes
- Maintain laboratory notebooks and/or data forms/records
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Perform DNA extraction and quantification in preparation for various molecular biology techniques
- Assist with communication of results and data to laboratory and corporate staff
- Prepare general laboratory stock solutions and materials
- Comply with lab safety policies at all times
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, email, internet, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or test reports
- Exhibit proper handling of potentially hazardous chemical and/or biological agents in the workplace.
- Monitor inventory levels and proper storage of materials and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Identifies and Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree in a biological science or related field
- At least three to five years of previous experience in clinical, molecular biology, or forensic laboratory
- Excellent laboratory technique and high attention to detail
- Must be happy to work in a team environment with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to navigate laboratory LIMS systems
- MB(ASCP) certification
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
SCHEDULES: TUESDAY-SATURDAY 2 PM CT- 10:30 PM CT OR T-S 10-6:30 AM
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID # 12653