Under general supervision, works as part of a team in a COLA/CAP/CLIA certified clinical diagnostic laboratory. Performs high complexity molecular techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and data analysis and interpretation. Assists with the validation of new applications in the clinical laboratory. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed, maintains the confidential and sensitive nature of patient information and results, and reports results within established time frames.
– Independently and accurately performs routine and complex molecular genetic tests, including DNA/RNA extraction and PCR.
– Maintains a professional level knowledge of molecular biology and diagnostics to properly analyze molecular test results; in the context of abnormal or atypical findings.
– Performs initial review/analysis of test results and assists in drafting preliminary patient reports for review by the Molecular Laboratory Technical Supervisors.
– Assist in resolution of technical problems in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures.
– Records, compiles, and maintains records according to laboratory policies to ensure state and federal regulations are upheld for all reagents, procedures, and equipment used in the testing process.
– Assist in the development, evaluation, and implementation of new procedures and protocols.
– Performs general duties such as ordering supplies, general lab housekeeping, and maintaining safety records.
– Operates, calibrates, maintains and troubleshoots equipment notifies senior technologist(s), Supervisor, or Director of Lab Services when complex problems occur.
– Maintains effective communication within the department and with other internal and external clinical and development professionals.
– May include the answering of telephone calls from client offices, the receipt and accessioning of specimens to maintain a high level of customer service.
– Participates in the training of new and current employees in laboratory methodology as instructed by the laboratory leadership/senior technologists.
– Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or BS) or higher.
– No experience required
– 1-2 years’ experience preferred
– ASCP Certified Technologist in Molecular Biology (MB) or eligible with certification encouraged within 12-24 months of employment.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com