Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of Molecular Technologists in the country. Currently, we are looking for a Molecular Technologist to join a growing, independent clinical laboratory in Miami, FL.
This position will be 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Candidates with flexibility in their shift scheduling are encouraged to apply.
The Role You'll Play:
- Perform all areas of clinical molecular testing
- Perform aseptic techniques and proper handling of infectious substances
- Interact with lab personnel, appropriate assigning test procedures for specimens, process specimens for immediate testing or storage for future testing and coordinate timing of the assays with other lab personnel
- Perform assays to detect the pathogen, traditional or real-time PCR, RFLP or sequencing of amplicons, and other methods for validation; write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintain computer proficiency appropriate to enter results into a database and report results to supervisors and communicate with sections heads and directors
- Order appropriate materials, maintain inventory of reagents and supplies, care for lab equipment and include proper documentation of all quality control and assurance procedures
- Work independently on assigned projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Genetics, Biology, Clinical Lab Science or related
- MB(ASCP) preferred
- Florida State License required
- 1-3 years of molecular experience preferred
- 1+ years of previous real-time PCR experience
- Previous experience with COVID testing preferred
Salary and Benefits:
- $55k-$70k (based on experience)
- Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
- PTO and paid holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job #13348