Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a molecular technologist to join a premier healthcare system in Charlotte, NC. This person will be doing COVID testing as well as other types of molecular testing.
Shift; 1st and 3rd
– Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team resulting in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending. A minimum of 70% of each day is focused on continuous improvement.
– Supervise any work assigned to members of the section and ensure that work is properly completed and reported; all the while communicating to leadership as needed.
– Function as a bench technologist when workload warrants.
– Review the relevant laboratory reports for extraordinary results and clerical errors before they are reported to the patients’ medical record including reports on procedures processed by reference laboratories.
– Maintain an adequate supply of materials in the section.
– Train students and new teammates as required.
– Maintain, improve, and continually check the accuracy of the testing methods and instruments in the section.
– Participate in research; developing and updating existing and new policies, procedures, and protocols.
– Participate in the cost analysis of existing and prospective test procedures.
– Collaborate with other sections for the benefit of the total lab.
– Perform medical laboratory procedures effectively and in accordance with the policies and protocols in effect.
– Bachelor's degree in Biology
– MB(ASCP) certification within 1 year of hire
– 1+ years of Molecular clinical lab experience
Salary and Benefits;
– $23-35/hour depending on experience
– Health, Vision, Dental
– PTO and holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#KW Job ID: 13372