Under supervision, the medical technologist is responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and for reporting test results in molecular diagnostics.
– Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, recording, and proficiency testing.
– Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
– Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
– Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, or director.
– Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
– Ensure sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment for testing and other duties.
– Cross-train in multiple areas of the laboratory to support testing operations.
– Follow all stated laboratory safety guidelines in all assigned duties.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Knowledge of laboratory safety practices, HIPPA, and OSHA guidelines.
– Knowledge of terminology, procedures, techniques, and types of tests in molecular genetics.
– Able to use critical thinking to conduct, analyze, and interpret hereditary genetic testing results.
– Skilled in use of, maintenance, and troubleshooting genetics lab instruments and tools, including pipettes, centrifuges, incubators, liquid handlers, thermocyclers, NGS, and/or real-time PCR (RT-PCR) instruments.
– Able to establish work priorities and handle multiple simultaneous tasks with minimal error.
– Effective oral/written communication, organizational, and complex problem-solving skills.
– Able to gather information and maintain accurate records, notes, and documents.
– Skill with computer applications including Microsoft Office and Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS).
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
– Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science (physical, chemical, or biological) meeting the regulatory requirements as defined in CLIA/CAP/GA/NYS for testing personnel.
– MB (ASCP/AMT) certification required upon hire.
– Experience in molecular genetics techniques in a clinical laboratory (or similar, such as an academic lab utilizing the same techniques).
– At least 1 year of full-time experience (or equivalent part-time) performing molecular genetics testing in a clinical diagnostic lab.
Shift and Salary:
– Monday through Friday 7:30AM – 4:00PM
– $27.00 to $37.00
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #13515