Are you interested in taking your laboratory career to the next level by joining a successful and rapidly growing lab in one of the most desirable areas of the country? Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join a growing reference laboratory near West Palm Beach, Florida.
Candidates must be licensed as a Medical Technologist by the state of Florida in Microbiology and preferably Clinical Chemistry, Serology/Immunology, Hematology and Molecular Pathology.
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Follows the clinical laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
– The technologist is responsible for fulfilling the responsibilities assigned by the supervisor and will only perform tests as authorized by the director.
– Adheres to the clinical laboratory’s quality control policies, documents all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed in accordance with the clinical laboratory’s approval policies and procedures.
– Initiates any corrective action in the lab on testing data that has been reviewed and found to be incomplete or inconclusive.
– Follows the clinical laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the clinical laboratory’s defined acceptable levels of performance.
– Participate in proficiency testing samples and ensure that these samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
– Perform QC testing and recognize deviation from acceptable values. Follow established protocol for remedial action. Verify all assays are in control before releasing patient results.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a solid business with a great outlook for the future. Not only do you get to be part of a quickly growing lab, but the compensation and benefits are also very competitive.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's or greater in medical technology, chemistry, toxicology, or similar.
– 1+ years Molecular pathology experience in a clinical setting preferred.
– Florida state clinical laboratory scientist license.
Salary and Benefits:
– Very competitive salary
– Full benefits: health, vision, dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-974-1929 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 14375