The Role You'll Play:
- Perform aseptic techniques and proper handling of infectious substances.
- Interact with lab personnel, appropriate assigning test procedures for specimens, process specimens for immediate testing or storage for future testing and coordinate timing of the assays with other lab personnel.
- Perform assays to detect the pathogen, traditional or real-time PCR, RFLP or sequencing of amplicons, and other methods for validation; write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain computer proficiency appropriate to enter results into a database and report results to supervisors and communicate with sections heads and directors.
- Order appropriate materials, maintain inventory of reagents and supplies, care for lab equipment and include proper documentation of all quality control and assurance procedures.
- Work independently on assigned projects and demonstrate flexibility to cover all areas of the laboratory as needed.
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Genetics, Biology, Clinical Lab Science or related
National Certification Required (ASCP, AMT, AAB, NCA)
1+ years of previous real-time PCR experience
Salary and Benefits:
$65-70k commensurate with experience
Medical, Dental, Vision after 90 days
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.