Known as the City of Good Neighbors, Buffalo, NY is also the city of good opportunities.
Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking Molecular Technologists for a well-established and rapidly growing biotech company in Buffalo, NY conducting Molecular testing. The Molecular Technologists are responsible for testing, analyzing, reviewing, and reporting results in this high throughput, CLEP accredited facility in Buffalo, NY.
Looking for a chance to expand your career as a scientist in an exciting lab? READ ON!
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
- Identify source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendations.
- Apply scientific method in problem solving and assist in evaluation of new methods and techniques.
- Assure that quality control criteria are met and adhere to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
- Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations.
- Perform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and log appropriately.
- Assure a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies at each workstation.
- Assist in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Support the receipt and processing of laboratory specimens according to department procedures and protocols.
- Support the verification of specimen information and ensuring specimen integrity while performing processing duties and preparing specimens for testing.
- Adhere to laboratory safety practices to include knowledge and proper use of PPE where indicated.
- Ensure confidentiality of all patient information.
- Practice within the scope of professional competence.
- Schedule flexibility to ensure lab demand is met with the potential to work overtime. Alternative days and/or evening shifts may be needed.
- Participate in continuing education (CE) programs when available.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to have good attention to detail.
- Great team player who is collaborative and positive.
- Maintain and display professional behavior that is appropriate to the situation.
- Ability to clearly communicate.
Demonstrates ability to effectively manage multiple tasks utilizing organization and prioritization skills, self-motivated.
- Accuracy of work with acceptable error rate.
- Understanding of CLIA, CLEP, CAP regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must always wear PPE for protection of self and others.
Minimum Preferred Profile
- Associate or Bachelors degree in medical technology or related field and qualify as a Medical Technologist under New York State regulations.
- 1-3+ years of clinical laboratory experience.
- NY CLS License
- ASCP or AMT certified preferred.
- Molecular and Covid experience a plus.
Salary, Benefits, and Schedule
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Full benefits
- 3rd shift — M-F (10pm-6am)
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job #14689