Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with a molecular diagnostic laboratory in Houston, TX. We are in search for a Molecular Technologist to join the lab and help them grow to the next level. If this interests you and you think you would be a good fit, keep reading to see the responsibilities along with the job requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow written policies and procedures
- Directly observe routine patient test performance, including specimen handling, processing, and testing
- Monitors recording and reporting of test results
- Review intermediate test results, worksheets, quality control records, PT results, and preventive maintenance records
- Directly observes performance of instrument maintenance and function checks
- Performs competency reviews at specified intervals
- Be accessible to testing personnel on-site at all times testing is performed
- Monitors test analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained
- Resolves (as able) technical problems and ensures remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications
- Assist in maintaining documentation control and creation in all aspects of laboratory testing
- Provides orientation and training according to written policies and procedures to all testing personnel
- Assists in the annual evaluation and documenting performance of all testing personnel
- Perform patient testing and test result reporting if necessary
- Ensures that corrective actions established by the Technical Supervisor and/or Laboratory Director are enacted
- Bachelor's degree in medical technology, chemical, physical, or biological science AND
- 1+ years of training/experience in high complexity testing at the Technologist level
- Previous experience in molecular testing (UTI or Covid testing is highly preferred)
- Previous experience using QuantStudio is preferred
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 19 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CC Job #15609