Lighthouse Lab Services is the premier provider of Clinical Lab Scientists in the country. Currently, we are seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist for a start-up clinical laboratory to assist with COVID testing. Candidates must have Generalist of Microbiology experience.
Utilize molecular and conventional techniques to detect the presence of pathogens. Maintain laboratory equipment, order supplies, and interact with Diagnostic Laboratory personnel. Perform PCR, qPCR and qRT-PCR testing, and participate in surveillance testing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Perform aseptic techniques and proper handling of infectious substances
– Interact with lab personnel, appropriate assigning test procedures for specimens, process specimens for immediate testing or storage for future testing and coordinate timing of the assays with other lab personnel
– Perform assays to detect the pathogen, traditional or real-time PCR, RFLP or sequencing of amplicons, and other methods for validation; write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
– Maintain computer proficiency appropriate to enter results into a database and report results to supervisors and communicate with sections heads and directors
– Order appropriate materials, maintain inventory of reagents and supplies, care for lab equipment and include proper documentation of all quality control and assurance procedures
– Work independently on assigned projects
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's degree is Life Sciences field, such as Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular and Cell Biology, Microbiology or Animal Sciences, etc.
Preferred: MCB or Microbiology with emphasis in virology or bacteriology
Required: Minimum one year of practical experience in molecular biology
Preferred: Experience with real-time PCR and/or sequencing
Training, Licenses or Certifications:
Required: Training in microbiology, virology, molecular assays including PCR and rPCR
Required: California State CLS license as Generalist or Microbiology
Preferred: Training in microbiology, virology, molecular assays including PCR and rPCR in a diagnostic or clinical setting.
Required: Understanding of nucleic acid isolation and detection methods including primer selection, probe designs and requirements for template quality, extraction and amplification controls
Preferred: Knowledge of ABI-7500 Fast or Quant Studio Thermalcyclers, BioSprint and/or King-Fisher nucleic acid extraction instrument operations
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive base salary (based on experience)
– Health Benefits
– Relocation assistance can be provided
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including people with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com