Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a fast-growing molecular diagnostic laboratory in need of an experienced molecular testing professional. The lab is located near Tampa, FL and they are hiring for a DAY shift position.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Validation experience will be required.
– Establishes performance criteria for laboratory tests.
– Resolves technical problems and ensures remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
– Ensures that test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test system is functioning as expected.
Preferred Candidate Profile:
– Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution
– 1+ years of clinical laboratory training and/or in molecular diagnostics
– Florida state license is required for this role
– ASCP (or equivalent) certification is highly preferred
– Knowledge of molecular biology methodologies preferably with experience in RNA extractions, PCR methods (infectious disease), Affymetrix microarray testing, and/ or use of QuantStudio real-time thermocyclers
– Exhibit understanding/documentation of the basic quality control as relates to equipment, reagents, and CLIA lab space
– Demonstrated leadership ability
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively; exercise good judgment
– Effective verbal and written communication skills
-$55,000 – $70,000 (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, and Dental coverage
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com