Calling all adventurers, dreamers, and rugged individualists! Lighthouse Lab Services has an opportunity for you to earn a great living while working in one of the most beautiful, eclectic and natural locations in the world: Fairbanks, Alaska!
We are seeking a molecular technologist – either part-time or full time – at a physician-owned laboratory in the shadow of Denali National Park. In this role, you will be well compensated to work as a molecular technologist on the day shift. You will be counted on to run all the day to day operations of the lab including test prep, testing, equipment maintenance and supply ordering. You would really be a one-person department, so it is very important that you be comfortable working independently and autonomously as the lab will depend on your individual contributions.
If this sounds appealing to you, and you meet the below criteria, we would love to hear from you:
– DNA/RNA sample extraction
– Independently perform PCR runs, analyze data, and prepare technical reports according to standard operating procedures
– Identify, report, and troubleshoot procedural deviations and out of specification results
– Organize samples/specimens, maintain inventory, and update specimen database
– Prepare buffers and reagents
– Contribute to the development and improvement of laboratory processes and procedures
– Maintain and calibrate instruments and/or equipment
– Participate in routine laboratory tasks
– Inventory Management
– 2+ years’ experience with molecular biology laboratory techniques
– Experience with real time PCR and instruments required
– Experience with sample preparation, library preparation, and next generation sequencing techniques is highly desired
– Bachelor's Degree in Medical Lab Science or related AND one year of high-complexity molecular testing experience OR
– Associates Degree in science AND two years of high-complexity testing experience
– Previous experience with high-complexity molecular testing required
– Willingness and ability to work in and/or relocate to Fairbanks, Alaska.
Pay and Benefits:
– Generous base salary dependent upon experience
– Benefits Provided
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com