Are you an experienced Molecular Medical Technologist looking to join an excellent and quickly-growing company in one of the most desirable locations in the country? We are representing an amazing lab in Nashville, Tennessee that is looking to bring on a Technologist for their Molecular testing division. This position is on the 1st shift but hours may vary.
As a Molecular Technologist, you will have the opportunity to perform specimen processing, analysis and results reporting. The person in this position will handle all responsibilities of a molecular technologist with the assistance of the lead technologist.
Other essential functions of the role include:
– Perform various molecular laboratory tests to include PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, Next Generation Sequencing, DNA/RNA extractions, etc as assigned
– Receiving and processing specimens
– Produces, interprets, and reports accurate and precise test results
– Identifies and corrects problems that may adversely affect test performance
– Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting
Not only is this position a great resume builder and an opportunity to gain experience in a highly-reputable environment, but the lab is located in one of the best areas of the country. Nashville, Tennessee – recently ranked by Forbes as one of the nation's fastest-growing and friendliest cities – and is an easy commute for anyone living in and around the Nashville area.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, or biological science
– ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist (MT or MLS) or Molecular Biologist (MB)
– Eligibility for Tennessee State License as a Medical Technologist
– Existing Tennessee License highly preferred
– Prior molecular testing experience is required
– Prior experience working with Illumina NextSeq highly preferred
Salary and Benefits:
– $23 – $35 per hour (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
– Tuition Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 10779