Does your soul beg for a perfect view every day? Does the idea of spending the time in the Highland Mountain Range of Montana call your name? Well, have we got the Travel gig for you!
Lighthouse Lab Services is excited to represent a client with a mobile Covid lab in Montana. We need a Travel Molecular Technologist to support an exciting film project there!
This person is responsible for specimen processing, testing and for reporting test results in accordance with the laboratory’s established policies and procedures. The right candidate is knowledgeable of the principles upon which lab tests are based and can recognize appropriate questionable and critical results. They much possess the ability to organize workload for maximum efficiency, accuracy and ensure that test reports are accurate and reliable.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to have daily, stunning views of the Highland Mountain range each and every day, READ ON!
- Performs various testing in all departments (molecular chemistry, coagulation, hematology, special chemistry, urinalysis, serology) following prescribed quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Follow the lab’s procedure for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Performs, evaluates, and documents quality control and maintenance checks for (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) in all departments to include temperature logs, discarding of old specimens and rotation of specimen racks for storage.
- Reviews testing results and evaluating the validity of results in comparison to anticipated results indicated per procedure manual.
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the lab’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Performs equipment and instrumentation maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration as needed. Perform inventories and restocks reagents, calibrators, controls and supplies as needed. Prepare, test, and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify a Supervisor or Director.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Must be ASCP certified (or other advanced certification)
- Must have Montana CLS and Florida licenses (or able to get them quickly)
- 2-3 years-experience in a clinical lab setting preferred
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems is a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- 1st shift (with some flexibility
- Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-914-0785 | lighthouselabservices.com