Lighthouse Lab Services is seeking an adventurist Traveling Molecular Technologist to serve their clients across the country on 8 to 13 week assignments. You will be working in Molecular testing labs that will support not only COVID testing but also molecular and infectious disease. In between assignments you will be based at our Charlotte managed laboratories in either Charlotte or Raleigh, North Carolina.
Lighthouse Lab Services is the USA's premier laboratory consulting, management, and recruiting company. With decades of laboratory start-up and operational experience, we've cultivated a collaborative team of scientists, consultants, and industry experts. We enjoy a rewarding atmosphere built on teamwork, recognition, and growth. This atmosphere enables us to provide innovative solutions and extraordinary client service to fulfill our mission of making laboratory testing more accessible.
If you're up for an incredibly rewarding challenge, we'd be honored to hear from you.
Snapshot / What You'll Do:
– Permanent, full-time position based in Raleigh or Charlotte, North Carolina.
– Travel expectations 80-90% of the time
– Follow clinical laboratory testing procedures and policies in the performance of routine and specialized tests.
– Covid-19, molecular diagnostics, and infectious disease testing.
– Identify source and nature of test problems and make appropriate recommendations.
– Apply scientific method in problem solving and assist in evaluation of new methods and techniques.
– Assure that quality control criteria are met and adhere to established laboratory policies in handling hazardous substances.
– Record necessary documentation to comply with various agency regulations.
– Perform required instrument maintenance at the prescribed time and log appropriately.
– Assure a clean work area and technical clean-up at the end of each shift.
– Assist in maintaining sufficient supplies at each workstation.
– Assist in development and evaluation of new procedures and protocols.
– Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
– Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
– Understanding of CLIA, CAP, COLA regulations.
-Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Preferred Profile:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or related field required
- 1+ years of experience in a laboratory setting required
- Previous experience working in a Clinical Molecular lab preferred but not required
- ASCP Certification preferred but not required
Salary and Benefits:
– Travel, housing, and meal expenses are covered
– Salary is determined based on qualifications
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#SS Job ID# 13156