MT / MLS / Blood Bank
Tampa, FL · Job ID: 10166 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently partnering with a top-notch healthcare organization in Tampa, FL that is currently searching for a new addition to their 1st Shift Blood Bank lab team. Located on the beautiful Gulf coast of central Florida, Tampa is situated in an ideal area with lots to do! From fun, themed weekend festivals to a foodies’ paradise and professional sports, Tampa has a little something for anyone from toddlers to adults!
If you’re currently thinking to yourself that this is too good to be true… It’s not, so keep reading to follow along and learn more.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
– Receives, accessions, and processes blood specimens.
– Maintains adequate inventory levels of all blood components to ensure appropriate components are available when needed for transfusion.
– Performs and reports routine serological tests in the area of Immunohematology.
– Perform all tasks and procedures necessary to provide appropriate blood components for transfusion.
– Exercises broad independent judgment and requires minimal technical supervision to complete assigned tasks.
– Performs quality control and assurance duties
The Ideal Candidate:
– Will have a Bachelor's degree.
-Florida state license in the specialties of Immunohematology required.
*Additional licenses in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology, and Microbiology preferred.
– Is able to adapt positively to change and interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of personalities.
– 3+ years of experience as a Medical Technologist in Immunohematology.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary
– Full Benefits
– Tuition Assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BH Job ID: 10166