MT / MLS Medical Technologist / Chemistry
Charlotte, NC · Job ID: 9652 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a hospital in the Charlotte, NC area in search of a Medical Technologist (MT / MLS) to join its 3rd Shift Chemistry Lab testing team. As an MT / MLS in this position, you will direct and perform standard laboratory procedures for diagnosis and treatment of disease to include chemical microscopic bacteriological immunological hematological and coagulation studies. You will operate equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens, and also recognize abnormal trends or results and makes required decisions and corrections. Other essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
– Completes required daily procedures and checks that equipment is maintained in good working order.
– Ensures work area is cleaned stocked and organized daily.
– Performs manual calculations and documents results accurately.
– Analyzes and reports test results.
– Applies rules of specimen rejection and arranges recollection of specimens as needed.
– Acts as "in-charge" tech when requested.
– Follows established general safety procedures and utilizes PPE appropriately.
– Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency in performance of assigned tasks.
– Recognizes and deals with priorities.
– Ensures that patient billing is accurate for testing performed.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field.
– Certified as an MT / MLS by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent.
– 1+ years of clinical lab testing experience preferred, but new grads are welcome to apply!
Shift: 3rd Shift with rotating weekends and holidays
Salary and Benefits:
– $20 – $30/hr + Shift Differential
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Retirement Savings Plan
– Paid time off and holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MG Job ID: 9652