Are you an experienced Medical Technologist looking to join an excellent and quickly-growing company in one of the most desirable locations in the country? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing an amazing lab company in Nashville, Tennessee that is looking to bring on a Medical Technologist for their Microbiology testing division.
2nd shift: Sun – Thurs – 4pm – 12:30am
3rd shift: Tues – Sat – 11pm – 7:30am
The Role You'll Play:
As a Medical Technologist, you will have the opportunity to perform specimen processing, analysis and results reporting. The person in this position will handle all responsibilities of a microbiology technologist with the assistance of the lead technologist. Other essential functions of the role include:
– Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
– Design and update procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
– Assists the Supervisor, Manager, and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
– Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
– Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
– Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
– Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
– Validates new methods.
– Handles CAP surveys.
– Addresses client concerns.
– Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
Not only is this position a great resume builder and opportunity to gain experience in a highly-reputable environment, but the lab location is among the best in the country. The lab is located in Nashville, Tennessee – recently ranked by Forbes as one of the nation's fastest-growing and friendliest cities – and is an easy commute for anyone living in and around the Nashville area.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, or biological science
– ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist or Microbiologist
– Eligibility for Tennessee State License as a Medical Technologist
– One year previous clinical testing experience in microbiology preferred
Salary and Benefits:
– $22 – $30 per hour (based on experience)
– Health, Vision, Dental
– 401k retirement plan
– PTO, Holidays
– Tuition Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MP Job #: 10444