MT / MLS / MLT Medical Technologist, Blood Bank
Waynesboro, VA · Job ID: 10223 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Are you looking to bring your blood bank skill set to one of the best medical facilities on the East Coast? Are you tired of your current blood bank role and open to a change of pace and scenery? Lighthouse Lab Services may be able to offer you both. We are working with an excellent health system and medical center near Waynesboro, VA that is seeking experienced blood bank technologists or technicians to join its team on multiple shifts.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform all of the typical functions of a medical technologist in the blood bank to aid in testing, typing, and cross-matching of blood, among other responsibilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- performing patient and QC testing, developing skills and specializations within the blood bank
- Maintaining proper inventories and correctly uses and documents lab resources.
- Performing advanced equipment trouble-shooting and maintenance.
- Serving as a role model for entry-level clinical staff and health care professional students.
- Ensuring a smooth transition to the next shift.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory science, or related life-science.
- OR Associates degree in Medical Lab Technology plus four years of lab experience.
- New grads accepted with a degree in Medical Lab Science or 3+ years prior experience with a degree in a physical, chemical or biological science. MLTs must have 4 years of experience.
- MT(ASCP), MLT(ASCP) or BB(ASCP) certification preferred, but eligibility accepted
- All employees must be ASCP certified within 18 months of hire
- Base Salary of $22-$30/hr (based on experience)
- Relocation assistance available
- Excellent benefits package
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com