Attention Med Techs and those aspiring to be Med Techs! Lighthouse Lab Services is partnering with an excellent hospital in the Kankakee County, Illinois area who's seeking 3 full-time Medical Technologists / Medical Laboratory Scientists to join their team on multiple shifts (info below). Now is the hour to join the quest to find the Holy Grail that job you've been waiting for.
The Medical Technologist/Technician performs tests in Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Toxicology, Urinalysis, Immunology and/or Microbiology. Their main responsibility is to perform established tests and procedures under supervision of the shift supervisor and interpret and report results as accurately as possible to assist physicians in diagnosis and treatment. His/her duties also include certain clerical tasks and related services.
– Afternoons (staggered start times)
– Nights (staggered start times)
Your Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
– Document any deviation from standard procedure with technical specialists or assistant managers.
– Document instrument checks, problems and solutions.
– Document the time of call, and the name of those giving and receiving the results.
– Follow established procedures to perform routine and special tests in assigned section.
– Follow quality control procedures for all tests and properly record results.
– Inform supervisor of any unusual or unexpected test results after repeating the analysis to confirm their validity.
– Maintain a neat and efficient work area.
– Perform all department related computer functions accurately.
– Perform analysis on CAP and other survey material when requested by team leader.
– Perform instrument maintenance as specified in section procedure manuals.
– Prepare routine and special solutions, reagents, and stains using established formulas and stock solutions.
– Prepare test reports and review accuracy of results before reporting them to clinicians or other authorized personnel.
– Report all panic values according to established policy and procedures.
– Rotate stock using older reagent first.
– Supervise student teaching and training as directed by team leader.
– The technologist is responsible for department where he/she is working.
– Train new technologists as directed by Director.
To Qualify for This Job:
– B.S. in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry (or related) or 12 month ASCP approved medical technology program required
– 1+ years of relevant clinical laboratory experience preferred
– ASCP eligible/certified or equivalent required
– MT/MLS or MLT(ASCP) certification or equivalent preferred
– If no certification, it's required within three months of hire
– Competitive base pay (based on experience and title)
– Shift differential of $2.50/hour for any 5 hours worked after 3pm
– Full benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job # 10932