National Phlebotomy Director
Richmond, VA · Job ID: 10110 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest-growing, most exciting laboratories in the country? Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a laboratory near Richmond, VA area that is looking for a National Phlebotomy Director to join their team.
In this role you would be responsible for productivity, quality and service, strategic planning, continuous improvement, and staff development of phlebotomy employees with strict adherence to regulatory requirements. The National Phlebotomy Director is responsible for technical oversight and/or direct supervision of phlebotomy personnel
and maintenance of policies, procedures, and quality control practices to assure compliance with CLIA, CAP and other regulatory requirements.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
– Responsible for managing the Phlebotomy Services (onsite and satellite services)
– Knows, observes, updates, and implements the policies and procedures
– Creates and implements policies relating to Phlebotomy Services
– Responsible for all documentation relating to phlebotomy policies and standard operating procedures and making sure that they are up to date
– Maintain knowledge and teach the proper procedure for the collection, processing, and shipping of blood
– Ensures supervisors Educate phlebotomists about appropriate collection techniques as needed through on-site observations
– Creates and environment of teamwork and professionalism and supports growth of team
– Responds to escalated service issues in a manner that maintains client business and build relationships
– Coordinates and reviews results of compliance audits, site visits, and site start up visits.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
– Minimum experience includes 15 years of clinical laboratory and phlebotomy experience
– 5 years of supervisory/director level experience required
– Basic knowledge of CLIA, OSHA and HIPAA standards
– Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means is required
– Proficient with statistical and computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.) required
– Bachelor’s Degree in related field
– Master’s Degree in related field preferred
– Health, Vision, Dental
– Life Insurance
– Short and Long-term disability
– Retirement savings plan
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 10110