PA / Pathologist Assistant
Waynesboro, VA · Job ID: 9709 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a superior hospital in the Waynesboro, VA area that is searching for a Pathologists' Assistant. In this role you will be preparing patient specimens for processing and special procedures by describing, measuring, dissecting and weighing specimens and entering specimen information into the LIS. This is an ideal position for someone who is looking for the chance to join a large and developed organization that will provide challenges as well as room for growth.
Not only is this an opportunity for you to grow professionally as part of a great team, but you also get the opportunity to live and work in a city on the rise. Ideally locates in beautiful and quaint central Virginia, not only does this location offer easy access to world-class beaches but also offers great opportunities to take in sports, entertainment, and nightlife – all at an affordable price. If this sounds appealing to you, and you fit the below-preferred profile, we would love to hear from you!
Responsible for daily activities associated with processing of tissues as received from surgical procedures; participation in the education of pathology residents; and participation in the quality assurance activities that result from these processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Performs gross examinations, dissection and description of tissues received in Surgical Pathology and Autopsy Services.
– Trains and educates laboratory personnel, students, and residents in the processing of surgical tissues and post-mortem examinations.
– Demonstrates knowledge of quality, safety and compliance programs.
– Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of Surgical Pathology protocols and budgetary goals.
– Performs area-specific support/clinical activities.
– Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate of a NAACLS accredited formal Pathologist’s Assistant Program required.
– Experience: 1+ Years
– License/Certification: PA (ASCP) certification
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
– Salary: Competitive
– Relocation assistance available
– Full benefits package
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MG Job ID: 9709