Do you aspire to work in a hospital setting that will offer you the chance to make a direct impact on members of your community? If so, this might be a perfect position for you. Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a state of the art hospital near Poughkeepsie, NY that is seeking a Pathologist Assistant for an afternoon shift.
Our client is looking for a certified Pathology Assistant to be part of a small but growing group of Pathologists.
Basic functions of the position:
– Gross description and dissection of tissues removed at surgery, including selection and submission of sections for histological and other specialized testing.
– Prepares tissue for additional analytic procedures such as immunohistochemical staining, flow cytometry, image analysis, microbiological cultures, genetic analysis, chemical analysis, and toxicology and assists in photography of pathological specimens as indicated or requested.
– Summarization of patient medical history.
– Performance of post-mortem examination with subsequent dissection and dictation of data.
– Performs other duties as needed by department.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
– ASCP certification or Master’s degree from approved pathology assistant program
– New Grads are encouraged to apply.
– Superior communication skills and interpersonal skills.
– Health Insurance
– PTO and sick leave
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID: 14478