White Plains, NY · Job ID: 9842 · · Industry: Histology
Are you a pathologists' assistant that's tired of being underpaid and under appreciated at your hospital or reference lab? Stuck in a rut with no light at the end of the tunnel? If that's you, you are going to want to keep reading.
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Pathologists' Assistant to join an established but growing clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory near White Plains, NY. This role is responsible for providing anatomic pathology services under the direction and supervision of a board-certified Pathologist. Prepares specimens by applying appropriate gross examination so the submitted samples are ready for processing. Train and supervise grossing technicians/trainees, document their training and provide some departmental oversight as deem appropriate by leadership. The schedule for this position is M-F, evenings, which is great for anyone tired of working nights, or sick of getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
You should apply to this role if you hold a Bachelors Degree and are eligible under ASCP as a Pathologists Assistant (PA). A New York State Licensure as a Pathologists' Assistant is also required for this position. One year or more of experience in a clinical lab with PA experience is preferred but new grads are invited to apply and will be considered.
Job responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Assures appropriate specimen accessioning.
- Receives specimens and closely monitors requisitions for diagnosis.
- Assesses specimens with the naked eye, with insight into any pathological processes that may be present.
- Assesses and assigns appropriate specimen coding.
- Dictates and or transcribe a gross description for each specimen according to prescribed training and lab manuals.
- Takes appropriate section for Histologic preparation.
- Complies with established safety and biohazard regulations.
- Follows all quality control/assurance and improvement regulations in accordance with established procedures.
- Helps supervise Grossing technicians and assist them in grossing when needed.
- Trains new grossing technician and perform competency tests and evaluation before independently processing occurs.
- Documents all training.
- Provides training to existing employees for any change in procedure and techniques and documentation of training.
- BS in anatomic pathology, cytotechnology, or related life science
- New York State Licensure as a Pathologist Assistant required
- PA(ASCP) OR eligibility
- Prior clinical PA experience preferred but new grads are welcome to apply.
- Competitive Base Salary of $80-$100k+ Depending on experience
- Sign-on Bonus
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 401k retirement plan
- PTO, Holidays
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com