Pathologists Assistant Supervisor
Chapel Hill, NC · Job ID: 9671 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you a seasoned Pathologist Assistant with management experience, looking for an opportunity to step up to the big leagues? If so, we have an opportunity that you HAVE to consider.
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a large surgical pathology lab in the Chapel Hill / Durham, NC area. This laboratory is part of a world-class medical facility and needs a supervisor to oversee it's growing team of pathologist assistants and other lab personnel. In this role you will oversee the entire surgical pathology laboratory that includes 5 full-time Pathologists’ Assistants, 1 grossing technician, 6 histotechnicians, 2 clinical technicians, and 1 courier. Your responsibilities in this position include both administrative duties and some bench work, including but not limited to:
- Frozen section coverage
- Procurement of tissue for research
- The teaching of PA students and Residents
- Maintaining employee competency assessments
- Preparing for CAP inspections
- Conducting employee performance reviews
- Vacation and shift coverage management
No Autopsies will be required in this role. No evening calls or weekends. Prior teaching experience is welcome but not required.
If this sounds appealing to you (and it should!), we would love to hear from you.
Basic Preferred Profile:
- PA(ASCP) certification required
- 10+ years of complex grossing experience
- 5+ years of supervisory experience strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- AH-MAZING benefits (ask us more about these)
- Relocation expenses
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, Workers comp coverage
- 403B Retirement plan with matching contribution
- Wellness Programs and Employee Discounts
- PTO, Holidays, and Sick Time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#DS Job ID# 9671