Buffalo, NY · Job ID: 9862 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Are you interested in bringing your supervisory and pathology skills to one of the best cancer centers in the US? Do you aspire to work in a lab that offers you cutting-edge technology/instrumentation and the chance to really affect patient lives in a positive way?
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a cancer center not far from West Seneca, New York that is seeking a Pathologists' Assistant to join its Pathology Lab team. As a Pathologists' Assistant, you will be acting quite independently, while functioning to support service in a manner similar to a Pathology Fellow. In this role, you will be performing a variety of tasks in the preparation of preliminary drafts of interpretive laboratory reports including gross descriptions, slide review for purposes of organization and administrative review of cases, and laboratory data integration.
In this role you will also perform all duties of Pathologists' Assistant, including but not limited to:
– Grossing description and dissection of a full range of surgical pathology specimens.
– Providing instruction to resident trainees on gross anatomy, appropriate specimen orientation, tissue selection, cryotomy, and staining for stat intraoperative diagnosis by the pathologist.
– Demonstrating astute clinical judgment when handling patient material and reports.
-Assisting senior staff by assuring consistent and proper acquisition of tissue from specimens for departmental or inter-departmental purposes such as clinical studies, teaching, and research.
– Troubleshooting problems that arise dealing with mislabeling of specimens, specimens missing in processing, etc., working with senior staff and other departmental personnel as necessary, as well as other clinical staff in the hospital.
– Active development of and participation in resident teaching conferences and activities.
– As necessary in the frozen section lab, selecting tissue from surgical specimens, sections in a cryostat, and stains these sections for review and stat intraoperative diagnosis by the pathologist.
-Must possess a Bachelor’s degree that meets the qualification for certification as a Pathologists' Assistant by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP).
-PA (ASCP) certification strongly preferred or eligibility.
-NYS License as a PA or (in certain cases a Clinical Lab Technologist) strongly preferred.
-Prior experience with histologic slide review, report drafting, and molecular diagnostics preferred or background in genomics or relevant field preferred.
-Prior supervisory experience in a clinical setting, as well as prior oncology experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
-Base salary of 95-110k
-Health, Dental, Vision
-PTO plus sick leave and holidays
-Retirement savings plan and match
-Long-term care insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
-Staff Development and Tuition Reimbursement
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 9862