Lighthouse Lab Services has partnered with one of the largest, well-established healthcare networks in the region and we are searching for a Pathology Supervisor to join the team.
The Pathology Supervisor is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
– Supervises staff members within laboratory section or area of responsibility and
performs technical and administrative duties.
– Oversees the daily performance of the diagnostic work of the laboratory, ensuring quality work and adequate staffing within area of responsibility.
– Performs laboratory testing as needed to maintain and strengthen knowledge base of discipline.
– Assists in the planning and review of technical studies.
– Acts as a consultant regarding technical questions and problems.
– Oversees laboratory quality control, procedure updates, proficiency testing, employee training and education, evaluation and implementation of new procedures, equipment, computer functionality, and compliance with accrediting agencies.
– Coordinates technical development, review, and training activities with technical and management staff.
– Ensures timely, effective communication with employees.
– Confers with and counsels staff members regarding problems, errors, and inquiries.
– Promotes teamwork and maintains focus on customer service.
– Participates in section administrative activities including but not limited to selection and evaluation of employees, maintenance of employee records, inventory control and ordering, and budgetary planning.
– Delegates assignments and tasks to guarantee accuracy and promptness of patient testing and efficient laboratory operation.
– Coordinates operational, personnel, and budgetary administrative components with section management staff to ensure optimal application of resources.
– May be called upon to provide after hours assistance. Performs other duties as assigned.
5 Years Clinical – Medical Technologist Required – And Leadership Preferred
Associate's Degree Medical Laboratory Technology Required – And Bachelor's Degree Medical Technology Preferred
American Society for Clinical Pathology Required
Hours of Work:
M-F 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
$30.00 to $47.00 per hour
every 4-6 weeks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #15972