Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist and HR Coordinator to join our team in Apex/Holly Springs, North Carolina.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN LIGHTHOUSE:
Lighthouse Lab Services is the foremost consulting and recruiting agency for medical laboratory professionals and support staff in the US.
We’re an employee-first company: we hang out together and volunteer together (on the clock), listen to employee input and feedback, focus on character and integrity first, and have a tight-knit team.
The company donates 20% of profits and 1% of employee time to charitable organizations.
THE ROLE YOU’LL PLAY ON OUR TEAM:
The Payroll Specialist and HR Coordinator will be ultimately responsible for ongoing management of our temporary assigned candidates and temporary staffing clientele of Lighthouse. As such, specific job responsibilities include:
– Acting as the point-of-contact with clientele to meet the needs and requirements of the Client.
– Submitting job requests to Executive Recruiters to fill positions.
– Acting as the point-of-contact with temporary candidates providing company introductions and communicating ongoing contract re-assignment, and terminations.
– With assistance from the Staffing Support Coordinator, ensuring that start dates with assigned clients are met or updated when appropriate.
– Acting as the Responsible Person regarding human resource handbook inquiries from candidates.
– Understanding policies and procedures and able to review with new temporary employees when necessary.
– Managing changes to employee employment statuses and client bill rates after contract is implemented.
– Reviewing weekly timesheets on each employee, verifies hours worked, corrects any errors, identifies trends.
– Directing the production and issuance of timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll and transfers to bank accounts for temporary employees.
– Maintaining accurate payroll records including applicable earnings, pay rate changes, deductions, PTO balances, nontaxable distributions, and garnishments and coordinating this data with ADP Run.
– Calculating and verifying payrolls with multiple wage rates in various states.
– Ensuring legal compliance, diminished liability and exposure to the organization by monitoring and implementing applicable payroll federal, state, and local requirements and best people practices.
– Coordinating with Director of Operations / Human Resources to create necessary policies and procedures.
– Under the direction of the Controller, complete state registrations including but not limited to unemployment insurance, with-holding taxes, and worker’s compensation enrollment.
– Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
– You are a self-starter with professional communication skills (written and verbal) and customer service orientation.
– Possess 3 or more years of experience in Payroll and Timekeeping.
– Have experience managing employees regarding policies and procedures as well as onboarding and terminating employees.
– Possess experience speaking professionally with clients, CEOs and human resource departments.
– Have proven knowledge and experience with ADP Payroll Processing software, ADP Run preferred.
– High level of accuracy for details – methodical, meticulous, and pays attention to fine detail.
– Professionalism / Discretion – Ability to work independently and conduct oneself with discretion understanding that you have access to sensitive information.
IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR EFFORT, LIGHTHOUSE WILL REWARD YOU WITH:
– Hourly pay range of $18.00 – $22.00 per hour and eligibility for Bonus Plan
– Medical, Vision and Dental Benefit offerings
– 15 days Paid Time Off (vacation and sick days)
– 8 Paid Holidays
– Simple IRA retirement plan: Company will match 100% of employee contributions up to 3% of annual salary
– Paid professional development time & budget and Volunteer Time Off
– Company sponsored events, socials, snacks + more
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | www.lighthouselabservices.com