PCR / Molecular Technologist
Orlando, FL · Job ID: 9641 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Are you a molecular tech with PCR experience looking for a change of scenery? Perhaps you're a Disney junkie, or you are just seeking a lab that is stable and growing? In any case, we can help!
Lighthouse Lab Services is currently looking for a Molecular Technologist to join an established laboratory in sunny Orlando, FL. This role will be performing PCR laboratory tests within the molecular laboratory for diagnostic studies, primarily on toenail samples. The job responsibilities require independent performance of specimen receiving, assisting at various stages of testing, and techniques consistent with established Molecular Laboratory procedures.
One year or more of experience in a clinical lab with molecular/genetic specialization is required, and experience testing finger and toenail samples is highly preferred.
- Receives and processes specimens according to department protocols.
- Designs and updates procedures to promote maximum efficiency/accuracy of testing and reporting.
- Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
- Identifies and corrects problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
- Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
- Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
- Validates new methods.
- Addresses client concerns.
- Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
- Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
- Exercises all laboratory safety precautions and adheres to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be skilled in PCR and PGS testing
- Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or related life science.
- Florida-state license as clinical lab personnel
- 1+ year of PCR testing experience required -prior experience testing fingernail and toenail samples highly preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Health, Vision, Dental
- 401k match
- Misc. perks
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#BK Job ID: #9641