Lighthouse Lab Services has recently partnered with one of the nation's leading PGX laboratories. Our new client is on the search for a top tier lab supervisor who can lead their growing team to the next level.
The Laboratory Supervisor will work closely with the Laboratory Director and Chief Medical Officer to create, implement and manage the policies, procedures and practices for optimal performance of the Clinical Laboratory. This position will develop strategies for proper laboratory oversight; provide direct administration of all clinical laboratory procedures and operations in accordance with industry standards, contractual agreements, and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have strong employee development skills and experience working in a high throughput laboratory environment. This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
– Participate and lead efforts for appropriate safety, laboratory accreditation, and quality assurance programs
– Ensure services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, lab policy, and accreditation and compliance requirements
– Validate and implement laboratory instruments, assays, procedures, and test methods
– Prepare, edit and review procedures, validations, and quality management protocols
– Monitor processes and services for quality, cost effectiveness, and efficiency and drive continuous process and quality improvement.
– Supports and/or leads all aspects of laboratory development activities including new method and assay development, workflow/press optimization, analytical validations, and software verification testing
– Monitor and order supply and inventory to ensure the laboratory is stocked with consumables adequately at all times.
– Lead troubleshooting efforts
– Evaluates the competency assessment of testing personnel as defined by CLIA, CAP and NY and assures that the staff maintain their competency to perform test procedures and report results promptly, accurately, and proficiently.
– Evaluates and documents the performance of individuals responsible for moderate or high complexity testing at least semiannually during the first year the individual is employed
– Supervises the laboratory personnel through continual general and direct supervision, interactive staff meetings, time management and work distribution
– Supports department director and lab director with recruiting, hiring, motivating, performance management, training and staff development
LABORATORY SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION
– Accessible to laboratory testing personnel at all times when testing is performed to provide on-site, telephone or electronic consultation to resolve problems in accordance with policies and procedures established by the laboratory director or laboratory manager
– Establish and maintain effective cross-departmental working relationships
– Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with others.
– Communicates with coworkers, vendors and clients with tact and sensitivity.
– Train other laboratory personnel in operation, programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and software.
– Fosters open/trusting work environment.
– Promotes teamwork and ongoing feedback.
– Participates in professional organizations/meetings.
– Writes legibly and with complete documentation of all work performed.
– Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the leadership team
– Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related areas.
– Minimum of 6 years of clinical laboratory experience required.
– Previous experience working in a high-complexity CLIA laboratory environment required. Commercial experience preferred.
– Experience with sequencing in a high throughput environment desired
– Thorough knowledge of compliance requirements is required (i.e. CLIA, CAP, CA, NY state)
– Experience with inspections/audits by CLIA, CAP, CA, NY state and other regulatory agencies
– Working knowledge of relevant laboratory instruments (e.g. PCR, etc.), computers, and test methods used in a laboratory setting
– Demonstrated leadership skills, and ability to create, implement and monitor quality metrics
– Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines
– Specialty certification through ASCP (MB) in molecular biology, Certified Medical Technologist, or equivalent strongly preferred
– Extensive knowledge of Pharmacogenomic genotyping, haplotyping, and phenotyping
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
-This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday during core business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements for the position.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 15 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#TR Job ID # 13149