Smyrna, GA · Job ID: 10010 · · Industry: Staff Laboratory
Lighthouse Lab Services is working with a top-notch laboratory headquartered out of Nashville, Tennessee who's partnering with physician offices and clinics in the greater Atlanta area to ensure that patients are taken care of and to ensure excellence through laboratory medicine. We're currently looking for a Phlebotomy Supervisor to join our client to oversee all Phlebotomists and clients in the northwest Atlanta area on the day-shift. Candidates will work in specialties including OBGYN, Pediatrics, Gastro, Geriatric care, etc.
In this role you'd be supervising personnel, operations, and occasionally drawing samples as needed with utmost professionalism and care working for a supportive employer and as a part of a team of people dedicated to empowering one another.
– Monday-Friday: 8am-5pm
The Role You'll Play:
– Implements the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for phlebotomy services in accordance with PathGroup guidelines and distributes information to phlebotomists as needed.
– Provides leadership and supervises assigned department, makes decisions, solves problems, assists in developing procedures, conducts and attends meetings.
– Manages the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions.
– Participates in the interview and selection process of phlebotomist employees.
– Supervises employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
– Manages employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis.
– Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Phlebotomy Manager and Human Resources.
– Coordinates the work of phlebotomist in the Patient Service Centers and In-office Phlebotomy (IOPs) to assure that production is consistent and service levels are maintained.
– Plays an important role in the dissemination of information to employees.
– Performs site visits as assigned, and document findings.
– Assists with QA (quality assurance) audits.
– Ensures effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment while concurrently establishing effective communication lines and methods.
– Identify and solve employee problems, manage conflict, and respond to grievances as needed.
– Maintains and determines usage of department supplies and inventory.
– Ensures all field phlebotomy and PSC specimens are collected accurately and on time.
– Fills in to provide coverage for phlebotomists at varying locations as needed.
– Maintains required records and documentation.
– Reviews and approves schedules with minimal overtime for employees and floaters.
– Reviews and approves time/attendance entry of employees.
– Assist with compilation of monthly statistics and data.
– Approves time in attendance software by noon on the Monday following the end of the pay period.
– Submits accurate expense and travel logs Monday for the week prior or as directed by management.
– Demonstrates organizational commitment.
– Adheres to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
– Utilizes time appropriately.
– Capable of maintaining fluctuating patient flow.
– Displays courteous and professional behavior to clients, patients, and co-workers.
– Communicates with co-workers and clients in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
– Answers the telephone in a friendly and helpful manner, by incorporating the company name, self-identification and a helpful statement.
– Performs duties in independent manner.
– Communicates pertinent information/issues to manager for resolution.
– Contributes to a positive work climate and to the team effort of the department and company.
– Works in conjunction with phlebotomists and group leaders to accurately conduct periodic inventory counts.
Basic Preferred Profile:
– Phlebotomy Certification (such as ASCP) preferred by not required
– 5+ years of prior phlebotomy experience required
– 3+ years of prior supervisory experience within phlebotomy required
– Experience within a clinical laboratory is preferred but not required
– Willingness to drive within the Atlanta territory for a large part of the day is required
Salary and Benefits:
– Pay is highly competitive (depending on experience)
– Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
Job ID: 10010