Phlebotomy Training Manager
Nashville, TN · Job ID: 10065 · · Industry: Laboratory Management
Lighthouse Lab Services is representing a top notch clinical laboratory in Nashville who's seeking a Phlebotomy Training Manager to join its team. The Phlebotomy Training Manager, under the direction of the Senior Phlebotomy Manager, oversees multiple functions to ensure the successful delivery of the services provided. These functions include but are not limited to oversight of phlebotomy services, the training department, Logistics, Client Services and Specimen Management in the assigned area. The Phlebotomy Training Manager motivates the team and assists supervisors in team building and management guidance. This person also coordinates operational activities between the sales and phlebotomy to team ensure that daily work of the Patient Service Centers (PSCs) and In-office Phlebotomy (IOPs) are completed accurately and on time.
The Role You'll Play:
– Assume responsibility for daily operations of all assigned facilities.
– Evaluate phlebotomy needs and current practices to create and deliver a training development plan, complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, and learning resources.
– Develop training schedules to meet training needs within each state, and obtain data and feedback regarding the training provided. Conduct follow-ups to assess the quality and results of training.
– Research and maintain knowledge of the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee training and performance.
– Implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for phlebotomy services in accordance with PathGroup guidelines and distributes information to phlebotomists as needed.
– Where applicable, ensure all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, with guidance from the QA and Medical Director's offices.
– Ensure all Laboratories testing QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
– Investigate/resolve and respond to customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
– Provide leadership and supervise assigned department, make decisions, solve problems, assist in developing procedures, and conduct and attend meetings. Hold regularly scheduled meetings for dissemination of all information to staff.
– Manages the employee hiring process including developing and updating job descriptions, developing performance expectations, identifying essential functions and knowledge, skills and abilities required for applicable positions. Participates in the interview and selection process of phlebotomist employees. Ensure all employees meet requirements for driving on company business.
– Supervise employee and team performance, new employee orientation processes, employee training and continuing education.
– Manage employee performance by coaching, counseling, motivating, and evaluating employees on a continual basis. Implement disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with Phlebotomy Manager and Human Resources.
– Ensure effective employee relations by sustaining an ethical, non-discriminatory and safe work environment while concurrently establishing effective communication lines and methods.
– Perform site visits as assigned, and document findings. Assists with QA (quality assurance) audits.
– Maintain required records and documentation.
– Review and approve time/attendance entry of employees according to the guidelines provided.
– Assist in preparation of annual budget for areas of responsibility. Maintain budget control throughout the year in areas of responsibility.
– Review and compile monthly statistics and data.
– Adhere to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code and lab coat policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
– Display courteous and professional behavior to clients, patients, and co-workers. Communicate with co-workers and clients in a way that promotes a harmonious and cooperative working environment.
– Organize and lead projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups.
– Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry’s best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
– Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
– Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of progressive leadership experience.
– Phlebotomy certification strongly preferred. Certification from a training association is a plus.
– Minimum of 2 years of prior supervisory and phlebotomy training experience required.
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in phlebotomy, laboratory or other healthcare environment required.
– Must have demonstrated leadership experience and project management skills required.
– Must be an organized problem solver, and able to create/meet multiple timelines.
– Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; willing to work weekends, holidays, on call, overtime, and travel as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
– Highly Competitive (based on experience)
– Full Benefits
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 14 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#WB Job ID: 10065