About the Role:
includes testing performed on nursing units, as well as ancillary hematology/oncology offices. This position allows for
interdisciplinary teamwork and communication with nursing, respiratory therapists, anesthesia, and many other disciplines.
- $29.25 – $45.35 depending on experience
- Full time hours, half on bench half point of care; Mostly day shift hours and day shift weekends but the point of care hours could vary.
- Position includes rotating weekend and holidays
- Bachelor's of Science in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology, from an accredited
institution with at least two years of training and/or experience in non-waived testing. Bachelor's degree in Clinical Laboratory
- Knowledge of quality control, quality assurance principles, and proficiency testing procedures
- Demonstrated skills with laboratory information systems Demonstrated leadership skills Knowledge of DNV, College of American
Pathologists (CAP), Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA), and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments
(CLIA) regulations related to work area Knowledge of adult training methods
License or Certification Requirements:
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Technologists in Blood Bank, or Molecular
Biology ASCP certification required
- Provides technical oversight and establishes policies and procedures to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assures quality testing and accurate test performance through operator training, competency assessment, equipment
monitoring, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, quality control review, and proficiency testing.
- Performs testing in the main laboratory including Hematology, Chemistry, Blood Bank, Urinalysis, Immunology and/or Microbiology.
- Ensures that the test systems are properly functioning, maintains and troubleshoots and takes corrective action with equipment
- Works with nursing, physicians, employees and management as needed to ensure POC testing is running efficiently and
- Travels to each site on a regular basis.
- Participates in inspection readiness for appropriate regulatory and accreditation agencies.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#MTP Job ID: 14202