– The quality assurance analyst is responsible for developing, leading and driving operational quality processes in the clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory.
– The quality assurance analyst will develop, coordinate, direct and review the Laboratory Quality Management Program along with the Laboratory Management Team.
– The quality assurance analyst will oversee and coordinate quality control projects, quality assurance program, and safety committee.
– The quality assurance analyst, along with the Laboratory Management Team will ensure ongoing accreditation and readiness with all applicable accrediting agencies.
– The quality assurance analyst will provide recommendations and action plans for the improvement of system processes in the laboratory.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university in Medical Technology or a closely related field is required.
Minimum Experience Required:
– Three (3) years of clinical experience preferably in an acute care hospital setting.
– Demonstrated clinical competency in laboratory quality assurance.
Minimum Licensure/Certification required by law:
– Clinical Laboratory Certification in medical technology; certification as a medical technologist or medical laboratory scientist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), AMT (American Medical Technologists) or AAB (American Association of Bioanalysts). AAB Provisional certification is not accepted.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Previous quality assurance analyst experience.
– Works with the Laboratory Medical Director and Laboratory Management Team to develop, implement, coordinate and monitor the Quality Management Program.
– Monitors key indicators of quality in the pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases of laboratory testing.
– Develops and directs safety practices and procedures that ensure patient and employee safety.
– Ensures the laboratory develops and maintains the Laboratory’s Risk Assessment.
– Ensures ongoing laboratory accreditation and readiness with all applicable accrediting agencies.
– Coordinates the laboratory proficiency program: ensures proper testing, timely reporting, proper follow up and accurate documentation.
– Coordinates the laboratory’s training and competency program; timely training, competence assessment, follow up and documentation.
– Coordinates notification from vendors of defects or issues with supplies or software that may affect patient care.
– Coordinates customer satisfaction survey.
– Coordinates and monitors the laboratory’s variance reporting system
– Demonstrates an appropriate level of professionalism and communicate in a professional and courteous manner with patients, family and other medical personnel as necessary.
– Interprets and ensures compliance of relevant accrediting agencies standards or guidelines and translates requirement into policies and procedures; initiates corrective action as soon as deficiency is identified; completes checklist and other information sheets required and coordinates on-site inspection of a laboratory.
– Demonstrates effective problem solving skills and follow through.
– Provide advanced problem solving, troubleshooting, interpretation/consultation, verification of specimen quality and test results.
– Stay abreast and execute latest technical and management developments including new lab procedures.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Demonstrates leadership and the ability to communicate effectively.
– Commitment to serve as part of a collaborative laboratory management team focused on promoting the Mission, Vision and Values of the laboratory.
– Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing. – Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
– Ability to work as a member of a team.
– Knowledge of lab instruments, proficiencies and quality control.
– Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com