Lighthouse Lab Services is the leading provider of clinical laboratory personnel. Currently, we are working with a reference laboratory near San Francisco, CA that is looking for a Temp Quality Control Technician to join their team.
The main function of a quality control technician is to inspect and test processed, machined, fabricated or assembled parts or products for defect, wear, and deviations from specifications.
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
- Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems, and assist in identifying and correcting these problems.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications and make or order necessary process or assembly adjustments.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving ability
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience/training required.
- 5-7 years experience required.
- Competitive hourly rate (Based on experience)
- Health, Vision, Dental
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job ID: 15717