Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for Quality Control Technicians II for a chemical manufacturing plant in the Danville, VA area!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Write and revise test procedures
• Perform all Technician I responsibilities
• Assist with improving current test methods
• Responsible for training new laboratory technicians
• Track and order laboratory consumables and supplies
• Support production by providing solutions to atypical results
• Perform equipment and method troubleshooting, calibrations, and maintenance
• Accurately and safely prepare hazardous and reactive mixtures of polymerization initiators used in the synthesis of finished products.
• Prepare reagents and standards
• Demonstrate a commitment to safety
• Enter data into internal and customer databases
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
• 3 years of quality and/or laboratory experience required
• Associate degree in chemistry or equivalent course of study
• Knowledge of working with and troubleshooting HPLC, GC, and AA instrumentation
• Must be able to prioritize and adjust priorities depending on production needs
• Must be able to work independently and in group settings
• Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods of time
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds
Compensation, Shift, Benefits:
$20.34 starting but negotiable based on experience
3rd shift schedule
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, ST LT Disability & 401k
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 18 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry-level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 844-334-1658 | lighthouselabservices.com
#CP JOB ID: 15808