This is a key position and will manage and execute the design, development, validation, and implementation of sequencing-based research projects. This role will provide both strategic leadership
and hands-on technical expertise.
What will you do?
– Manage and motivate a team of scientist responsible for product development, in close collaboration with other functions
– Design and execute sequencing-based molecular assay feasibility and development studies
– Provide technical guidance and mentorship
– Perform duties with only general direction given on new projects
– Troubleshoot and solve difficult problems in the design/execution of development projects
– Coach the team to apply advanced scientific principles and concepts to potential products and inventions
– Participate in interdepartmental activities and research efforts
– Write manuscripts for publication
How will you get here?
– Ph.D. from an accredited higher learning institution with studies in Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, or related field
– Five (5) years of molecular biology experience in an industry setting
– Three (3) years of proven people management experience leading a team of innovation and scientific talents
– Experience in development, optimization, and validation of molecular assays, preferably clinical diagnostic tests
– Broad and deep experience in Molecular Biology, Genetics, and Genomics, including molecular technologies such as DNA sequencing, NGS, Sample Extraction, Purification, and Quantification, Library
Preparation, PCR, multiplexed PCR, Single Cell WGA, Target Capture and Enrichment, quantitative PCR, Gel Electrophoresis, Fragment Analyzer, and etc.
– Deep knowledge of PCR, qPCR, fluorescent dye chemistry, nucleotide chemistry, polymerases, and the instruments and software used in molecular biology
Preferred qualifications include:
– Experience in bioinformatics & statistics
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
– Pragmatic self-starter who can manage, motivate, and develop subordinates and operate effectively in a constantly changing environment
– Ability to react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines
– Excellent time management and delegation skills in order to manage and prioritize tasks
– Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with all organizational levels
– Well-founded formal problem-solving skills
– Demonstrated skills in project management and formal continuous process improvement techniques
– Ability to motivate and influence others
– Proficient in team building, coaching and mentoring skills
– Hands-on approach in leading a variety of projects and experiments, with the ability to define development project objectives and priorities
– Well-developed written skills to prepare regular and routine reports, reviews, and white papers, as well as preparing presentations to a variety of audiences
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #12499