We are seeking 2 exceptional Research Associates to join our Assay Development team.
This group implements and contributes to the design of biochemical experiments that support the development and operation of the company’s assays, from sample preparation through automated workflows, which form the foundation of breakthrough products and services in proteomic data.
The Assay Development Research Associate will ideally have a proven track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in biochemistry, biology, or pharmacology with more than 2 years of experience in developing assays, preferable protein-based, and other molecular biology techniques.
Responsibilities & Goals:
The Assay Development group is focused on the design, development and implementation of biochemical assays using automated liquid handlers. Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Participate in biochemical experiments to support assay projects and development of the assay platform, with specific emphasis on proteomic assays, immunoassays, HPLC and mass spectrometry.
- Assay development with immunoassay and mass spec based proteomics. Duties including assay optimization, sample analyzing, assay troubleshooting, automation support, assay characterization and validation, development of protein based assays, immunoassays, protein arrays, and generating SOPs.
- Interfacing with the Automation department for the development and operation of automated assays with liquid handlers.
- Follow established protocols for specimen processing, testing, inventory management and data recording.
- Perform installation and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Perform quality control methods and conduct analysis for the evaluation of manufactured kits, reagents and raw materials.
- Work with the broader Assay Development team to maximize assay performance across all functional assay elements, and to automate/streamline novel assays to meet clinical performance requirements.
- Support laboratory maintenance, including ordering and restocking supplies, and ensure cleanliness and compliance.
- Effectively present data internally to other scientists at R&D seminars and other forums.
Background & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for the position of Research Associate must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience supporting and implementing assays in an industrial biotechnology setting. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- A BS or MS with a strong academic background in biological sciences.
- Experience with standard molecular biology techniques strongly preferred (i.e. Protein/peptide sample prep and separation, RNA and DNA preparations, ELISA).
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong skills in documenting all aspects of assay throughput, to ensure accurate, clear and complete records
- Experience operating Hamilton/Tecan liquid handlers preferred but not required
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has more than 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#JY Job #13900