Lighthouse Lab Services is a leading provider of Laboratory Personnel in the country. Currently, we are looking for a Research Associate to join a novel public health company in Cambridge, MA.
We are looking for Research Scientists to join our Laboratory Teams to scale our National Wastewater-based Disease Monitoring Program. Currently we are focused on SARS-CoV-2 detection from wastewater samples, however shortly we will be launching new biological assays to incorporate into the program.
The Role You'll Play:
- Design and execute hypothesis-driven research and experiments to develop more sensitive and scalable methods for pathogen quantification in wastewater.
- Execute and thoroughly document complex molecular biology and genomics protocols on wastewater samples in a consistent, efficient manner.
- Engage in process development and hypothesis-driven troubleshooting, improving and documenting our protocols for transfer to a production laboratory environment.
- Mentor junior laboratory staff, providing both scientific and technical development.
- Communicate your scientific and technical results in verbal and written form to a variety of audiences both internal and external
- PhD degree in a relevant scientific field.
- Prior laboratory experience in molecular biology, microbiology, virology, or wastewater epidemiology (preferred).
- Wide experience in the optimization and execution of molecular biology techniques including qPCR, sequencing and ddPCR.
- Experience mentoring and/or training junior laboratory staff.
- Experience in independent research.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, independence, and a willingness to learn in a fast-paced, team environment.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Unlimited PTO
- Health & Dental
- Bi-yearly company retreats
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#VT Job #14358