The Role & The Team:
Reporting to the Associate Director, we are seeking an exceptional Scientist to join our Assay Development team. This group implements and contributes to the development, optimization and operation of the company’s core proteomics platform.
The Assay Development Scientist will ideally have a proven track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in proteomics with more than 2 years of experience in developing protein based assays and other molecular biology techniques. Prior experience in product development is highly desirable.
Responsibilities & Goals:
The Assay Development group is focused on the design, development and implementation of biochemical experiments using automated liquid handlers. Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Lead or support assay projects and development of the core protein assay platform, with specific emphasis on proteomic assays, immunoassays and mass spec based protein detection assays.
- Extensive experience in working with cells, tissues, FFPE samples or other types of biological samples. Experience with proteomic research with these samples is highly desirable.
- Duties including assay optimization, protocol development, sample analyzing, assay troubleshooting, automation support, assay characterization and validation and generating SOPs.
- Collaborate with automation engineers to develop and test automated assays with liquid handlers.
- Work with the broader Assay Development team to maximize assay performance across all functional assay elements, and to automate and optimize novel assays to meet product performance requirements
- Develop assay protocols and implement standard operating procedures
- Effectively analyze data, document and present results in cross functional team meetings internally and externally.
- Mentor junior research associates and support overall team functions.
Background & Qualifications:
The successful candidate for the position of scientist must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience supporting and implementing assays in an industrial biotechnology setting. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Experience with proteomics in variety of sample types.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong skills in documenting all aspects of assay throughput, to ensure accurate, clear and complete records in accordance with our Quality System requirements
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support our scientific and business goals
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com