Lighthouse Lab Services is currently seeking a Assay Development Scientists I and II to join a growing and well established company near Lowell, MA. This lab is at the forefront of revolutionary therapeutic technologies and is helping researchers advance the science of precision medicine. If you are looking to grow in your laboratory career with an excellent company, please READ ON!
Responsibilities & Goals:
The Assay Development Scientists will perform moderate and high complexity laboratory testing for both research and clinical diagnostics. Under general supervision, the Assay Development Scientists in their role as Testing Personnel carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department’s standard operating procedures. The role requires independent work in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. The work requires a professional level of knowledge to read and interpret accurately test results used by providers in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. The candidate is focused on the design, development and implementation of biochemical experiments using automated liquid handlers. Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Perform testing protocols, run routine laboratory tests of samples
- Assessing results according to QC, calibration, and normal range, taking appropriate action as per SOP and escalating up when necessary
- Follow and document SOPs
- Perform qc, routine preventative maintenance and calibration of equipment/instrumentation
- Maintain records and work instructions
- Assists with training of staff
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology Science, of Clinical Lab Science
- 0- 2+ years of clinical laboratory experience is desirable
- Candidates with experience beyond above requirements may be considered for a level II or Senior level.
- Academic or industrial laboratory experience required
- Laboratory techniques such as ELISA, electrophoresis are desirable
- Basic knowledge of science (immunology, biology and chemistry) and basic skills of mathematics
- The best candidates will be detail oriented, possess strong organizational and time management skills, be adaptable and enjoy being a contributing member of our team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word LIS
Salary & Benefits:
- $60-$85k salary (depending on experience)
- Full health benefits: Health, Vision, Dental
- PTO and sick time
- VERY competitive sign-on bonus
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 17 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Lighthouse Lab Services will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com