Just west of Chicago lies beautiful St. Charles, Illinois. They call it the “pride of the fox” for the Fox River that runs through its center. It’s home to parks, theatre, and culture. It’s also where you’ll find your next job!
Lighthouse Lab Services is looking for a Senior Director of Operations for a clinical laboratory in St. Charles.
This role is responsible for assisting the V. P. Operations with coordinating and carrying out activities involved in the effective oversight of operating processes and procedures across the company. They shall provide effective leadership for the delivery of clinically accurate and useful laboratory services. Under the direction of the V.P. Operations, Laboratory Director and CEO, direct both technical and non-technical personnel involved in the operations of company. Assure acceptable performance of pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical activities of laboratory.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all requirements and regulations by CLIA, NYS, OSHA and other licensing bodies
- Support the daily and ongoing overall operations of laboratory and company
- Assist management with implementation of organizational projects and objectives, strategies, and policies.
- Assure that the laboratory performs clinical procedures only when the systems and equipment function properly to deliver accurate patient test results
- Monitor the results of QC/QA programs managed by the Quality Manager to verify that procedures and testing are accurate, precise and contain all necessary information
- Review on a quarterly basis Quality Systems to assure that all aspects of the laboratory operations are meeting DDI and regulatory standards.
- Support company’s organizational processes and policies.
- Coordinate with the laboratory, human resources, laboratory information team, scientific support team, sales and marketing, and accounting.
- Advise and deliver updates to V.P. Operations, Lab Director and CEO to summarize laboratory performance metrics (turnaround times, instrument downtime, productivity, errors.)
- Collaborate with V.P. Operations, Laboratory Director, Scientific Advisor and CEO regarding R&D and new product development to ensure top quality services for all aspects of procedures including their pre-analytic, analytic and post-analytic phases
- Work with scientific support, sales and marketing director to identify client concerns, suggestions and requests for new services
- Prepare recommendations based on that information and present action plans to appropriate decision makers
- Ensure that the physical plant and environmental conditions of the laboratory are safe for employees so that they are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards and appropriately designed and equipped for accurate, timely testing and reporting
- Work with lab directors and supervisors to implement new procedures and services and to monitor their success with sales and marketing manager and customer services supervisor
- Assure that departmental expenses are optimized
- Develop policies and procedures in collaboration with V.P. Operations, Lab Directors and Lab Managers / Supervisors to assure that competent staff are hired as well as provided needed training and continuing education to assure quality testing, productivity and success.
- Motivate and provide the necessary tools for employees to be able to perform at their best.
- Approve and update job descriptions for all direct reports. Recommend compensations for operation personnel and assure that company is providing fair wages.
- Directly supervises: Assistant Lab Director of Elements, Director of Analytical Operations, Director Logistics, Facilities & Safety , Quality Manager, Customer Service Manager, and Purchasing.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Require industry knowledge and technical abilities to ensure the organization runs efficiently. Skills and qualifications include:
- Being constantly aware of what is going on throughout the business
- Ability to foster and develop strong relationships with a wide variety of people
- Strong time management, prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Effective communication skills, including speaking, writing and listening
- Ability to give and receive feedback including providing feedback on opportunities for growth
- Great strategic planning and problem-solving skills
- Proactive research skills used to better serve the company
- Strong project management skills
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Leadership skills like motivation, goal-setting and decision-making
Minimum Preferred Profile
- Doctorate’s degree in a medical, chemical, physical, or biological science and 2-year experience in clinical laboratory setting and 1-year experience in supervisory role OR Master’s in a chemical, physical or biological science and 4-years experience of pertinent laboratory experience of which 2-years experience are in clinical setting and 1-year experience in supervisory role OR Qualified as medical technologist with a bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science and 6-years of pertinent laboratory experience of which 2-years have been spent in clinical setting and 2-years experience in supervisory role.
- Master’s degree in healthcare management desirable.
Salary, Schedule, Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Life, Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Paid PTO
- 1st shift
At Lighthouse Lab Services, we offer solutions to help start, grow, and run clinical laboratories. Our recruiting team has over 16 years of proven success placing job seekers in positions ranging from entry level Medical Technologists to seasoned Laboratory Directors. We recruit nationwide, for permanent and travel positions with clients ranging from small hospitals to large reference laboratories.
It is the policy of Lighthouse Lab Services to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Lighthouse Lab Services is committed to working and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including persons with disabilities. If at any time during the application process, you need an accommodation, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Lighthouse Lab Services | 800-838-0602 | lighthouselabservices.com
#LK Job ID # 14050